The Matchbook Diary

I can’t believe Mother thought moving to another country is going to help our stupid,idiotic family. Now I have to sit on this itchy,scratchy bag next to this snoring man with his legs wide open. I hate this!The disgusting odor that lingers around the station is making me light-headed. I know that many people in this station are poor like me but at least have the urge to wash yourselves! Besides from that,I have discovered what Mother calls a bottle lid. I don’t know where she got those fancy words from but I don’t want to talk to her right now. As I fidget with the bottle lid, my emotions start to flood in. I fight back the tears not to cry in front of these foul people. Thoughts of home and the earthy ground makes me wish I stayed with Grandma. I had the option to but seeing Dad for the first time in my life seemed more tempting to me a few hours ago. Ugh! Why can’t I fall asleep like the snoring man laying next to me! I look around, in the corner my oldest sister is whispering to an old lady. They are sharing a cookie. A chocolate cookie. I give her a long glare hoping that she could sense it. She did, but chose to ignore me. What a sister she is…